Self Portrait

Self Portrait
Blank Canvas

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Chapter Newest: The Best Day

Friday 2/26/10 was one of the best days of my life.  I got up around 8 no work because I planned to take it off.  I went down to SLO with a plan in mind. That plan was to get engaged. I had chalk left over from I Madonnari the year before. I wrote on a sidewalk under a bridge we walk on often it said" Alyssa will you marry me?"  This was written on a bridge that me and Alyssa walk on frequently. I spent the whole morning drawing and praying that it wouldn't rain until 5;30. Many people said I was crazy because the weather would ruin the whole thing. But I worked as if it was not going to rain, I show up for the date to take Alyssa to dinner at 5:20 and she is still getting ready.  5:30 strikes and it is starting to sprinkle, and I was like Alyssa it's starting to rain we don't want to be late. She assured me she had an umbrella and it was ok, I agreed:)  Needless to say she was ready moments later, 1st miracle.  We walked up the bridge I hid the ring earlier on one of my shirt buttons for easy access, no fiddling in the pockets for me. we rounded the corner of the sidewalk chalk drawing, rain is coming down rather strong. I pull the umbrella to the side and say what is that down there, Alyssa looks at the chalk which was still there (miracle #2) and I get down on one knee and say will you marry me.  She hugs and kisses me and says Yes!!!  (miracle #3).
Other unique miracles through out the day was just the kindness of others. I has a coffee house owner take my picture outside and offer me free desert when we stopped by later in the evening.  She was so nice to me and Alyssa and when we stopped by and ordered drinks she said everything is on the house.   The final great part to this wonderful day was I received news that I got the house I have been trying to get now I just need it inspected and it is mine if I want it.  To much good in one day doesn't kill a man it only makes him humbler. I love the way good things start happening as you yourself try to be good.

3 comments:

  1. Jesse,such a clever way to propose she is a lucky girl congratulations on your engagement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THis is a darling chapter in your life. And I am so thankful for your 3 miracles! Glad everything went as cleverly planned! I am excited to see the ring--Cathy is sending Mom the video. Love you & am proud of your goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Jesse for posting this. Very beautiful and thoughtful. This is a great way to express those many blessings that come in our life. Keep those posts coming. Love you.

    ReplyDelete