Self Portrait

Self Portrait
Blank Canvas

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Chapter 1/2- Shall Not I Spare Nineveh?

Flash back last year. This was one of my more successful paintings.  It was giving exposure in; Central Coast Magazine and the local New Times. At first I wasn't super impressed with it, but entered it in a art show and ended up winning first prize for it. That gave me a second wind in my art. When I was beginning to think art was a waste of time for me. Needless to say my heart and mind has changed. This painting is titled, Shall not I spare Nineveh? This is what God said to Jonah when he was bitter waiting for God to destroy a people he thought wicked. In this question he is asking Jonah if he should spare him in a sense. If he could not have a forgiving heart how could he approach goodness, or God. I believe this story is pertainant to all of us to move on from anything from our past that holds us down we have to forgive and move on.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. If you would like to order a copy of this print please contact me.

    ReplyDelete